RESEARCHER IN WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and space as well as Information and Communication Technologies (ICT); By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies. LIST core is about excellence and passion for impact, on the national and international stages.
Are you passionate about research? So are we! Come and join us
The Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology (LIST) is a Research and Technology Organization (RTO) active in the fields of materials, environment and IT. By transforming scientific knowledge into technologies, smart data and tools, LIST empowers citizens in their choices, public authorities in their decisions and businesses in their strategies.
You ‘d like to contribute as a researcher? Join our IT for Innovation Services department
The IT for Innovative Services (ITIS) department, with its 100 researchers and engineers, focuses on the digital transformation of operations in organizations with traditional environments and digital ecosystems, with the aim of improving their performance and innovation capacity. The common thread throughout ITIS is to develop the most efficient use of big data to ensure the most appropriate decision-making processes.
How will you contribute?
You will mainly carry out tasks related to software, communication and network engineering. You will also have to be aware of the various deployment challenges related to 5G and beyond networks (electromagnetic considerations, communication antenna structures, 5G/6G and Space convergence). The target applications are foreseen in different domains, including but not limited to Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vehicular communications, Industry 4.0 and Space.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
You hold a PhD (or equal work experience) in Telecommunications and Computer Engineering. You have a proven experience in preparing and executing research and innovation projects, in addition to:
- Experience in participation in wireless communication and networking related projects with direct involvement of private partners
- Excellent technical skills in communications and networking
- Grant management and writing skills
- Involvement and/or coordination of international projects (ESA, Horizon Europe, etc.)
- Participation in international networking events (conferences, symposiums, working groups, workshops, etc.)
- Proven experience in using simulation and/or emulation and programming tools,
- Active participation in writing/presenting research papers and elaborating patents
- Student supervision experience
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- French, German and Luxembourgish language skills will be considered as an asset
On top of this you’re highly motivated, self-sufficient and interested in joining an applied research organisation (LIST)? You’re the one we are looking for!