Research Scientist - Bioprocess development
We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic French delicacy foie gras, which we are reinventing at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection. Watch this to learn more : https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6659794920766742528
We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic French delicacy, foie gras, which we are reinventing at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection. We are looking for a bioprocess scientist in order to increase the efficiency, decrease costs & scale-up the production of avian stem cells.
About the role
Your mission will be to optimize the production process of our in-house cell lines both in shake flasks and benchtop bioreactors. You will also work on cell line development to screen for those that have the best characteristics and improve cell lines performance. Design of Experiments will be used to establish the most cost efficient process possible.
What we offer
A competitive compensation and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan),
The opportunity to contribute to make the world a better place through state-of-the-art biology within a driven and passionate team,
Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup,
A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris.
APPLY HERE: join.gourmey.com
- Immense passion for the mission of GOURMEY and enthusiasm for applied research,
- Extensive experience in mammalian/avian cell-line development and characterization, upstream process development and scale up to small scale bioreactors,
- Proficient in statistical analysis and DoE,
- PhD in Bioprocess engineering, Chemical engineering, Cell biology or related discipline or 4+ years of relevant industry experience with a Master’s degree,
- Keen interest in working in a changing and challenging environment in line with the dawn of a new industry,
- You have strong interpersonal skills, a collaborative mindset and are willing to upskill on other areas of research,
- You have excellent abilities to communicate (both written and spoken),
- You want to work in an impact-driven startup, are a true team player and show a high level of positivity,
- You are a greatly rigourous, organized person and pay high attention to details.