Leaders du conseil en stratégie depuis 1926.
Établi en France depuis un demi-siècle, le cabinet McKinsey & Company conseille les directions générales de grandes entreprises, d’institutions et d’organisations à but non lucratif en France et à l’international. Le cabinet inscrit l’accompagnement de ses clients dans le long terme : il les aide à élaborer leurs orientations stratégiques et à mettre en œuvre les changements leur permettant d’améliorer durablement leurs performances.
Avec une présence dans plus de 60 pays, le cabinet McKinsey & Company fonctionne comme une seule et même entreprise à l’échelle mondiale, offrant à ses clients les compétences de plus de 10 000 consultants et experts spécialisés dans différents secteurs d’activités et fonctions.
McKinsey & Company dispose de deux bureaux en France, à Paris et à Lyon.
In this role you will help our clients in the private, public, and social sectors solve their most pressing problems. You will also work with many experts.
You'll work in teams of typically 3 - 5 consultants to identify, and oftentimes implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge. Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
Over the course of each project, you will gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, and develop and communicate recommendations. You'll also present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members. In some cases, you will be asked to travel to your client site.
When you join McKinsey, you are joining a firm that will invest in your professional development. You will receive training and coaching on how to better:
- Structure ambiguous problems and take action to solve them
- Synthesize clear takeaways from complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work effectively with diverse teams to come up with the best solution and move people and organizations to act
- Establish trust-based relationships with clients to better serve their organizations
- Communicate effectively with all audiences, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
- Develop your leadership style, leveraging your own passions, strengths, and personal values
McKinsey believes in strengths-based development and coaching, and you’ll receive frequent mentoring from colleagues. This will include a senior colleague from your office or practice who will help you grow and achieve your career goals. Additionally, you will have a professional development manager who manages staffing to help you choose projects based on your priorities as well as the needs of client service teams.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing experience in an area that is completely new.
- Advanced graduate degree (PhD, MBA, etc.) work experience preferred but not mandatory for PhD
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Comfort with ambiguous, ever-changing situations
- Ability to break down and solve problems through quantitative thinking and analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and French languages.