Event informationCosmetic Valley
March 30, 2019
One of the most challenging issues of the Cosmetic Valley is to detect and support the young innovative companies, as well as to promote the research and the cosmetic sciences. This led to the creation of The Cosmetic Victories competition in 2015, sponsored by the Cosmetic Valley-ESSEC endowment fund.
The competition, recognized by the profession, aims to reward and promote students, researchers, start-ups and SMEs in charge of innovative projects, related to the perfume and cosmetics industry.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
- To support and promote projects run by researchers, start-ups and entrepreneurs from the perfume and cosmetics sector.
- To facilitate the prize-winners’ access to the market.
THIS YEAR, THE COSMETIC VICTORIES AWARDS 2 PRIZES:
- The Academic Prize, for the most relevant project that meets the new technical challenges of the cosmetic industry.
- The Industry Prize, for the best cosmetic innovation of the year.
WHO CAN TAKE PART IN THE COMPETITION ?
The Cosmetic Victories is open to French and international contestants:
- The Academic Prize: for recent graduates, PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and researchers.
- The Industry Prize: for managers of business-creation projects, innovative start-ups and SMEs.
WHICH TYPES OF INNOVATION?
All kind of innovation may be presented as a project submission, in any fields of application of the perfume and cosmetics industry: raw materials, formulation, packaging, tests, finished goods,…
Note: The innovations can come from the perfume and cosmetics industry or can be the result of technology transfer from other sectors to the cosmetic field: new technologies, new products, new processes, new services, new concepts or new organisations.
Recognition by the profession
The international jury’s excellence adds value and considerable scope to each prize-winner’s project.
Following the competition, there will be major national and international press coverage.
Cosmetic Valley is able to support the prize winners in their efforts to develop their business in France, through the Cosmet’Up tool: a national platform for working alongside and supporting French start-ups and SMEs.
The prize winners will also be able to benefit from project engineering facilities at Cosmetic Valley, in order to help them obtain government funding.
To support the competition’s prize-winning projects, and based on the COSMETIC VALLEY-ESSEC endowment fund, winners of The Cosmetic Victories award will receive a cash prize of €10,000.